Join us as we share our thoughts, tips and insider info on activities, events and services for kids and families in the UAE
Blog posts tagged in baby
As they say, being is a parent is a full time job and there are no holidays either. However, when it comes to being a mother, it is even more difficult. There are innumerable people who start dishing out advices to the young mothers at the drop of a hat. However, only a few among the tons of random advice actually works. In today's age where everything is available online, gone are the days when parents and would-be mother used to hunt every little thing down for their newborn from local brick and mortar shops. Nowadays, with the ease of online shopping, people have started buying almost everything online. This is because one can easily shop from the comforts of one's home.
Thus, the Souqmama.com comes in the picture being the boon for every mother and parent out there. It is a company based in the UAE that aims at addressing all the needs of the mother and the child. The website caters to all the countries across the globe. The website offers nothing short of quality products and services for the parents and their kids at affordable rates. Souqmama's main aim is to help mothers in achieving the solutions to all their parental needs, based on varied kinds of requirements. People can also contact the website for any sort of needs related to childcare, baby and parenthood.
Shop like a royal this Christmas with the new aden+anais Metallic range which has sold out around the world…not only does this amazing new on trend come as swaddles (or super cool scarves for on trend mamas), but their beautiful Dream Blanket is stunning enough to make the perfect addition to any living room to add that ‘Christmas’ feel while the the family enjoy their favorite festive flick.
One of the bravest moves in that direction has come from stem cell research and therapy. Stem cell therapy is currently being used to successfully treat more than 80 diseases, but the field is rapidly evolving backed by prestigious research and clinical trials. Smart Cells is the first private UK stem cell storage company to have released stored stem cell units for use in the treatment of children with life-threatening illnesses.
Plan it right and you could happily spend a day at the beach with your baby! Yes, you need to worry about the heat and sunburn, but nothing that SPF, shade, hats and a little preparation can't fix!
1. Bring an inflatable pool with shade for playtime.
With your new addition to the family, dining out and meals in general may have changed dynamics. Less of the leisurely meals catching up with your spouse or friends and more of purely functional, dashing through food in between feedings. Venturing out for a meal however can be very therapeutic for a new mom if done right and will help bring back a sense of pre-baby normalcy that can be a life saver early on! Here are some useful tips to venturing out for a meal with your little one in tow.
Timing is everything
- Reduce idle time, when Baby is your dinner guest. This may mean making a reservation so you don't need to wait in a queue or going at non-peak times when the kitchen is less chaotic. Either way, you'll be more likely to enjoy your meal when you don't have to wait long for your food to arrive and while there are fewer people eyeing your every move.
- Don't feel like you have to stick to dinner. If you're dining out for the first time with your newly mobile tot, for example, you might want to start with a breakfast, lunch or tea and cake, when meals are quicker, restaurants are quieter and the witching hour is still hours away.
- Work around your baby's schedule. You don't want your little one exhausted or famished when you get to the restaurant, or it's going to be too hard to keep you and your little one happy and occupied for the duration of your meal. If you've got a new-born, your best bet is to plan to dine out while he's sleeping happily in the car seat in the booth with you.
If you're off home or to some exotic location these holidays and flying with your children, you'll know that planning is key! Here are some tips courtesy of Parents.com to get you started!
Before the Trip:
• Double-check the flight schedule. Check with the airline 24 hours in advance to make sure your departure and return times haven't changed. Sign up online for e-mail, and cell phone alerts in case there is a last-minute change.
To mark Father's Day, Mama's Box teamed up with a selection of the UAE's leading mummy bloggers to highlight what makes an awesome dad, with heartwarming results.
Any man can be a father but it takes someone special to be a dad and with Father's Day approaching on 19th of June, dads are firmly in the spotlight. As such, Mama's Box has called on some of its high profile fans to help pinpoint the hallmarks of a top dad, including how their partners are making a marked impact on their children's lives.
Books can be your best friends – once you fall in love with reading, you will never be bored or sit around with nothing to do. Now you can read books you’ll love with a new book rental service in Dubai called Bookish.ae.
Bookish.ae is an online library that delivers all over Dubai. They have thousands of adult fiction, adult nonfiction, teen & young adult, and children’s books – all accessible from their mobile-friendly website (so you can even request books from your mobile or tablet).
Babyshop Outlet is now open in Dubai Outlet Mall offering great value with prices as low as AED 10 or AED 25 for babies, boys and girls outfits. Babyshop Outlet is located on the ground floor at Dubai Outlet Mall, operating 10 am to 10 pm on weekdays and 10 am to 12 midnight on Thursdays and Fridays. Visit the colourful and exciting store and save a lot on kids fashion shopping!